Hemp is booming in Oregon, so state agriculture regulators proposed another round of rules that could contribute to increased acreage.
- Lowering registration fees from $1,300 for hemp growers to $250, plus $500 for each grow site.
- Clarifying the option to resample if hemp fails pre-harvest testing.
- Revising sampling procedures for pre-harvest THC testing.
- Charging a fee for submission of change forms.
- New fees for pre-harvest THC testing provided by the agency.
- Clarifying requirements for individuals making retail sales of industrial hemp in Oregon.
The agriculture department scheduled a hearing on the new rules for April 23. Written comments will be accepted until May 7.
The agency also finalized hemp-testing rules last week.