(A version of this story originally appeared at Marijuana Business Daily and will be updated.) An Irish pharmaceutical firm, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, has agreed to purchase United Kingdom-based GW Pharmaceuticals, one of the largest medical cannabinoid companies in the world, for $7.2 billion, the drug companies said Wednesday. The proposed cash-and-stock deal would be the largest […]Read More
Roger is an award-winning journalist with decades of business news experience, covering everything from Wall Street regulation to the oil markets and craft brewing. He’s worked for Reuters, The Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News. He’s also worked as a freelancer for MSNBC.com, Inc. and other publications.
A company in Brazil successfully appealed to a court for permission to cultivate hemp on the same day that the Brazilian government decided against creating rules to allow domestic cultivation.Read More
The Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) recommended approval of the British company’s cannabis-based medicine Epidiolex, said the drug’s maker, GW Pharmaceuticals. The CHMP is tasked with preparing the European Medicines Agency’s opinions on queries about the marketing of human medicines. The CHMP opinion was adopted July 25, and the final decision now […]Read More
On the surface, it might seem like a no-brainer for a farmer who is growing hemp to cross over to marijuana, given the growing number of medical and recreational MJ products on the market.
Hemp, after all, is a cousin of marijuana. But it’s not so simple.Read More
By Kristen Nichols
Dozens of states are slowly experimenting with industrial hemp cultivation and processing, authorizing limited tests through land-grant universities. Not North Carolina.
North Carolina has gone all in on hemp, which state officials see as a natural fit for an economy once dominated by tobacco farming and textile manufacturing.Read More
By Margaret Jackson South Carolina is gearing up to become the latest state to allow hemp cultivation, a move that’s expected to create opportunities for farmers, makers of hemp-based products and ancillary companies offering goods and services to those growing and processing the plant.Read More
- July 16, 2021CEOs leverage Validcare’s CBD Clinical Study results to spur partnerships, profit and promising regulatory activityApril 19, 2021
- February 24, 2021Autoflower hemp will rule emerging CBD global powerhouse regions of Southeast Asia and Latin AmericaFebruary 17, 2021SōRSE Technology debuts water-soluble 7.5% CBD emulsion for personal care products at live webinar on February 25thFebruary 10, 2021
- January 12, 2021December 23, 2020December 17, 2020December 14, 2020
- #1 cannabis industry event for Cultivators, Manufacturers, Retailers, Investors
- 1,000+ Exhibitors
- 70+ Hours of Educational Content
- Full Day Hemp Industry Daily Forum, Oct 19
- Networking events
- Online content also available for 2021
- October 21, 2021October 19, 2021October 18, 2021October 13, 2021October 11, 2021
- October 6, 2021October 5, 2021October 5, 2021September 30, 2021September 30, 2021September 30, 2021
- September 29, 2021September 28, 2021September 27, 2021September 27, 2021September 24, 2021September 24, 2021September 23, 2021