A company backed by U.K. billionaire Jim Mellon and Lorne Abony, co-founder of global cannabis concern Nuuvera, plans to establish what they say will be Asia’s first e-commerce platform focusing on CBD-infused products.Read More
Matt is based in the Greater Toronto Area and covers international cannabis markets for Marijuana Business Daily. Previously, he worked as a business editor, photographer and reporter for newspapers and magazines in three countries, covering everything from the oil and gas industry in northern British Columbia to North Korean defectors in Seoul.
When recreational marijuana hits store shelves in Canada later this summer, it will be sold in “plain packaging” that contains only a standardized cannabis symbol and one of 14 health warning messages, according to an updated set of proposals released Monday. The recommendations were part of a Health Canada report summarizing feedback from 3,200 people on […]Read More
Canadian companies are getting a head start on the country’s marijuana-infused beverages industry, even before legislation has been introduced to legalize THC-added products. Companies are turning to cannabidiol, which does not have psychoactive effects and is already legal, to get a leg up on competitors. Recreational cannabis flower and oil are expected to be legalized in Canada by the […]Read More
A proposed revision to Thailand’s notoriously strict narcotics law would ultimately permit the cultivation and use of medical cannabis across the Asian country. The draft text – completed in late 2017 and currently under review by the Office of the Council of State – would have to be sent to the nation’s Cabinet for approval. […]Read More
- January 12, 2021December 23, 2020December 17, 2020December 14, 2020
- November 9, 2020September 29, 2020
- REM Technologies Introduces Breakthrough THC Remediation Solution – the D970L and D915L remediation systems – where THC removal has never been more clean, fast, and reliable.September 15, 2020
Until March ’21 Paid Ticket Holders Can Still:
- View every session on-demand
- Network and set up meetings
- Visit exhibitor showrooms
Thank you to all our sponsors, speakers, partners and attendees who made MJBizCon 2020 such a success!
Sign-Up here to be the first to know about our 2021 events
- 20 hours ago21 hours agoJanuary 25, 2021January 25, 2021January 21, 2021
- January 20, 2021January 20, 2021January 18, 2021January 18, 2021January 18, 2021
- January 15, 2021January 13, 2021January 13, 2021January 13, 2021January 13, 2021January 12, 2021January 12, 2021
January Update: Kristen Nichols Interviews HIA Executive Director Jody McGinnessKristen Nichols gets a January update from HIA executive director, Jody McGinness.
December Update: Kristen Nichols Interviews HIA Executive Director Jody McGinnessHIA executive director Jody McGinness joins Hemp Industry Daily editor Kristen Nichols for a December update!
November Update: Kristen Nichols Interviews HIA Executive Director Jody McGinnessHemp Industry Daily editor, Kristen Nichols, interviews Jody McGinness, Director at the Hemp Industries Association, on how they changed their board to give fiber and grain producers more of a say.