A company backed by U.K. billionaire Jim Mellon and Lorne Abony, co-founder of global cannabis concern Nuuvera, plans to establish what they say will be Asia’s first e-commerce platform focusing on CBD-infused products.Read More
Matt is based in the Greater Toronto Area and covers international cannabis markets for Marijuana Business Daily. Previously, he worked as a business editor, photographer and reporter for newspapers and magazines in three countries, covering everything from the oil and gas industry in northern British Columbia to North Korean defectors in Seoul.
When recreational marijuana hits store shelves in Canada later this summer, it will be sold in “plain packaging” that contains only a standardized cannabis symbol and one of 14 health warning messages, according to an updated set of proposals released Monday. The recommendations were part of a Health Canada report summarizing feedback from 3,200 people on […]Read More
Canadian companies are getting a head start on the country’s marijuana-infused beverages industry, even before legislation has been introduced to legalize THC-added products. Companies are turning to cannabidiol, which does not have psychoactive effects and is already legal, to get a leg up on competitors. Recreational cannabis flower and oil are expected to be legalized in Canada by the […]Read More
A proposed revision to Thailand’s notoriously strict narcotics law would ultimately permit the cultivation and use of medical cannabis across the Asian country. The draft text – completed in late 2017 and currently under review by the Office of the Council of State – would have to be sent to the nation’s Cabinet for approval. […]Read More
- July 16, 2021CEOs leverage Validcare’s CBD Clinical Study results to spur partnerships, profit and promising regulatory activityApril 19, 2021
- February 24, 2021Autoflower hemp will rule emerging CBD global powerhouse regions of Southeast Asia and Latin AmericaFebruary 17, 2021SōRSE Technology debuts water-soluble 7.5% CBD emulsion for personal care products at live webinar on February 25thFebruary 10, 2021
- January 12, 2021December 23, 2020December 17, 2020December 14, 2020
- #1 cannabis industry event for Cultivators, Manufacturers, Retailers, Investors
- 1,000+ Exhibitors
- 70+ Hours of Educational Content
- Full Day Hemp Industry Daily Forum, Oct 19
- Networking events
- Online content also available for 2021
- July 22, 2021July 21, 2021July 15, 2021
- June 29, 2021June 25, 2021June 23, 2021
June Update: Kristen Nichols Interviews the Hemp Industries AssociationHemp Industries Association joins Hemp Industry Daily editor Kristen Nichols for the latest update on the hemp industry.
May Update: Kristen Nichols Interviews HIA Executive Director Jody McGinnessHemp Industries Association executive director Jody McGinness joins Hemp Industry Daily editor Kristen Nichols for the latest update on the hemp industry.
April Update: Kristen Nichols Interviews HIA Executive Director Jody McGinnessKristen Nichols catches up with HIA executive director, Jody McGinness, to get his take on the legalization of cannabis in New York and more!